A vast majority of Americans suffer from dental anxiety and as a result, choose to avoid the recommended regular dental check-ups. Sedation dentistry is something that Tilger Center for Dentistry offers as an excellent way to provide a safe, anxiety-free, experience to his valued patients who may feel anxious about visiting of the dentist.
Sedation dentistry uses medication to help patients relax during dental procedures. It’s sometimes referred to as “sleep dentistry,” although that’s not entirely accurate. Patients are usually awake with the exception of those who are under general anesthesia. our doctors or any member of his staff can discuss the best option for you.
The levels of sedation include:
- Minimal sedation, you are awake but relaxed
- Moderate sedation, you are awake but very relaxed and will not remember much or all of the procedure.
- Deep Sedation, you are on the edge of consciousness but can still be awakened.
The benefits of sedation dentistry:
- Overcome fear and anxiety
- No pain
- No gagging
- Easier management of complex procedures
- More dental services in a shorter amount of time
Sedation Dentistry is Ideal for People who:
- Have a high fear of visiting the dentist
- Hate the noise, smell and taste associated with dental care
- Have had traumatic dental experiences in the past
- Hate needles and shots
- Have difficulty getting numb
- Have medical conditions making it difficult to have dental treatment
- Have a high gag reflex
- Have very sensitive teeth
- Have special needs
How we can help: Tilger Center for Dentistry is one of the only offices in the area that offers IV sedation dentistry. With over 30 years of sedation experience, our doctor’s expertise with comprehensive IV sedation dentistry allows our patients the assurance of a relaxing and pleasant dental visit. With this emphasis on modern dental techniques and sedation, we help you achieve the smile of your dreams with your absolute comfort in mind.
Tilger Center for Dentistry want to help you will all of your dental needs. For more information, please request and appointment with our team, and we will be in touch with you shortly.